Saturday, May 5, 2018

The Greatest Mother of All Time...



(This cherished photo is of a Christmas card that remains taped on our kitchen door year-round.)
 
To me, the greatest mother of all time was Mary, the mother of God.

She was incredibly humble.  

Although just a teenager, she trusted the Lord with all her heart and never questioned being selected to be the mother of God in a rather strange and inexplicable way.

The Blessed Mother suffered the excruciating loss of her only son. 

She saw him crowned with thorns, watched as He carried a cross that was way too heavy for him, saw him being cruelly whipped, and, in the final torment, nailed to a cross.

She knew, from the depth of her soul, that he had done nothing wrong to deserve such treatment, and then, an agonizing death.

One can only imagine the depth of her sorrow as she cradled her dead son's body, all bloodied and wounded, in her arms.

This coming Mother's Day,  on May 12 in the USA, as well as every day of life, I will give honor to Mary, the Mother of God.

IF YOU ARE A MOTHER, WHAT HAS BEEN THE BEST PART FOR YOU?

4 comments:

diane stetson said...

My grandchildren for sure. I can relive my children's lives through them. Amazing.

Chatty Crone said...

I have to say that I think about Mary a lot - especially when reading the bible. She was so young and so trusting wasn't she? I can't imagine seeing my son hanging on a cross. A part of her heart must have died with him that day.....

TARYTERRE said...

what a lovely card of mary. she had much to deal with it's true.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I love Mary. : )

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails