Thursday, February 8, 2018

Raspberry Turnovers


There was a time when all baked goods in this house were made from scratch.

A lot of things still are but there are a few exceptions.

In the supermarket freezer case, a pleasant discovery was Pepperidge Farm apple and raspberry turnovers that are easy to prepare and absolutely delicious.

They are baked on ungreased cookie sheets for 20 minutes.


The result is a turnover that has  perfectly flaky, yummy outside and equally tasty filling.

The turnovers were on sale last week at two for $5.00.

They could not even be made from scratch for that price.  

The turnovers are perfect to serve, on a pretty tablecloth, with tea or coffee. 




WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE KIND OF TURNOVER?


6 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

I prefer apple turnovers, but I would eat just about anything stuffed into flaky dough.

Chatty Crone said...

CHOCOLATE in the middle!

diane.stetson said...

I love those too Susan. I get the apple ones..my favorite.

Kit said...

Morning! I will have to look for them next time I am in the store. My fav is the apple turnovers that I buy from Walmart of all places. They are wonderful with a cup of coffee! Have a great weekend! Kit

Red Rose Alley said...

Oooo, I'll have to try these, Susan. Thanks for sharing. Don't eat turnovers that often, but I just had a cherry Danish with my coffee today. Your blue flowered table cloth is pretty.

~Sheri

TARYTERRE said...

love the raspberry turnovers too. nothing more tasty.

Related Posts with Thumbnails