Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Keep a Cheerful Heart



Several years ago, one of my sisters gave me a card with a cow on the front, and it is taped to the front of the refrigerator where it can be seen every day.

The cow is cute but the card's Biblical message is more powerful.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine..." (Proverbs 17:22).

The complete proverb reads "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a downcast spirit dries up the bones."

That is so very true and, with all my heart, I try to keep a cheerful spirit despite difficulties, disappointments and world affairs.

It's hard sometimes, given the state of our country, world events, and personal problems, but it's sure better than being negative and unhappy.

It's easier to keep a cheerful heart in September because that's my birthday month and today is my birthday!


Each day of September, I try to do something nice for myself, such as opening a birthday card that comes in the mail or taking a mini-nap in the middle of a hectic day.


It's been a great month so far and I even chuckled that the habit of doing something nice for yourself is so therapeutic, it just might keep up come October 1st. ha!

(To the left is an apple and pumpkin candle burning in front of a statue of the Blessed Mother of Guadalupe, situated on a front hall table.)

Hubs gave me beautiful pink roses, stamps for my correspondence, and a written promise of three hours of professional housecleaning. Great gift.

Lots of other beautiful remembrances have also been part of my birthday and my heart overflows with gratitude.

If you are interested, I will share some of them in future posts. 





                                                                                            Birthday Cards

At this time, I'd like to say THANK YOU to readers of this blog because YOU are part of my daily dose of positive happenings in life.  

Your friendship and faithfulness are truly part of what helps me keep a cheerful heart!

So here are some pink roses to share with you!


WHAT HELPS YOU TO KEEP A CHEERFUL HEART?

12 comments:

diane stetson said...

HappyBirthday Susan. Pink is your favorite color. Lovely flowers. Enjoy your special day.

Rebecca said...

Oh what lovely ways to treat yourself during your birthday month! I wish you a Happy Birthday and continued cheer throughout the coming year! ♥

Red Rose Alley said...

Happy Birthday dear Susan! What a wonderful post this is. I'm glad you showed all of the Proverbs verse. And what a great reminder that is. The apple and pumpkin candle is a really nice gift. I bet the scent is wonderful. It looks so charming sitting next to beautiful Mary. May your day be filled with all the things you love, Susan. You are a gem.

~Sheri

Chatty Crone said...

❤¸.•*¨*•☆•*¨*•.¸¸❤ ☺ ♫HaPpY BiRtHdAy to You

❤¸.•*¨*•☆•*¨*•.¸¸❤ ☺ ♫HaPpY BiRtHdAy to You

❤¸.•*¨*•☆•*¨*•.¸¸❤ ☺ ♪ HaPpY BiRtHdAy dear Susan......

❤¸.•*¨*•☆•*¨*•.¸¸❤ ☺ Happy Birthday to You

❤¸.•*¨*•☆•*¨*•.¸¸❤ ☺ aanndd mannyy morree………………….

Susan said...

Awwwww. That was sweet, Sandie. Thanks.

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

Thanks, Rebecca, for your sweet wishes.Susan

Susan said...

Thanks, Di. Kind of you. Susan

Anonymous said...

Got that song in my mind! "A cheerful ❤️, is like good medicine , good medicine, good medicine! A cheerful ❤️ is like good medicine! Oh God give me a cheerful ❤️!

Susan said...

Thanks dear Sheri. You are very kind. Susan

TARYTERRE said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and may you have many more. Hope it was a wonderful day.

Susan said...

Thank you so much Taryterre.And also for your visits.Susan

Related Posts with Thumbnails