Monday, July 24, 2017

Tea Party Prettiness


There is something about planning and carrying out a tea party for little girls that fascinates.

It's one of the most fun things adults can help children experience.


Recently,  there was a special tea party planned for two little girls.

We made heart-shaped peanut butter and raspberry jam sandwiches, heart-shaped egg salad, and carrot sticks with ranch dip and chocolate chip cookies.



Of course, there was chocolate milk "tea" and hibiscus/berry tea for the big people.


One of our guests brought a lovely bouquet of flowers, picked from her garden.


Even though we have a stack of tablecloths, it was impossible to resist buying a colorful one, for the big table, that made me happy just looking at it.


The tea party provided a nice pause in summer's busy schedule.

DO YOU ENJOY GOING TO TEA PARTIES?

P.S. Note to all beloved blog peeps.  On Wednesday, I'm taking a rare blog break! In the eight years since Writing Straight from the Heart started, there have been very few breaks. So I'm going to unplug for a day.  See you on Thursday! 


7 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

tea parties are fun indeed. yours sounded perfect for old asnd young alike.

Chatty Crone said...

I do think you need to unplug once in awhile - I beg Andy to do that. I love tea parties - I usually don't have them here - we go to tea houses!!!!!!!!! sandie

diane.stetson said...

I have been to only one or two and they were at my sisters houses. I'm sure your company loved the one you gave...so so cute.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your tea party is really nice, Susan. I'm sure the girls loved it. How fun that you made the sandwiches into heart shapes. Those chocolate chip cookies look Yummy.

Have a nice break. It's been 6 years since I've had one, and I'm ready for one as well. I'll be here when you return, dear friend.

love, ~Sheri

Linda O'Connell said...

So fun. Liam likes to have tea parties, but his are pretend. Maybe I will have to have a real one with him.

SImple and Serene Living said...

This looks so fun. xo Laura

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails